Hi Uwe,

last night I installed LyX+MikTex under Windows 7 (Enterprise Edition) using your "Altinstaller Complete" (i.e. LyX 1.6.3 plus MikTex) and to my great delight

           * Everything went without a problem.*

Just, towards the end, when LyX starts "checking for installed packages" - one ought to suggest to users to go out for dinner and not panic when Lyx is not done after dessert ;-)

Thanks for a  great  installer,

Greetings,
H.Peter

Uwe Stöhr wrote:
Hello LyXers,

the alternative Windows installer for LyX 1.6.3 is now available.

This installer comes again with an update installer to update existing LyX 1.6.2 installation to LyX 1.6.3. NOTE: To be able to use this installer version, LyX 1.6.2 must have been installed with the
alternative Windows installer.

-----

The installer for this version can be downloaded from:
https://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=5117&release_id=16343
and
http://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/bin/1.6.3/

(General infos about the installer can be found here:
 http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/LyXWinInstaller )

Installer Changelog:
-------------
Version 4.19
- LyX 1.6.3
- add two missing programs so that paths in LyX document
  preambles will correctly be parsed
- fix installation of Arabic spell checker dictionary
- new Indonesian translation of the installer (thanks
  to Waluyo Adi Siswanto)
- LyX can now be installed with Indonesian and Slovak menus
- the uninstaller is now also shown in the Windows system language
- updated to Python 2.6.2
- updated to ImageMagick 6.5.3-2
-----

happy LyXing