On 2009-08-25, Tino Langer wrote:
> Hello lyxers,

> I try to split my lyx-document to use a multipart document. When I
> combine all subdocuments into one main document using the command
> "include" all the cite references placed in the subdocument are [?]. I
> tried the solution found here, but I get the same results:

> http://wiki.lyx.org/FAQ/Unsorted#toc31

This toc applies only for older LyX versions (< 1.6)!

> When I add an subdocument in the maindocument using the command "input"
> everything works fine. Is this a bug? I read that using the two
> insertation commands "include" and "input" results in different outputs
> (on the same page, on a new page).

There should be no difference between 'input' and 'include' regarding the
citations.

Instead, only documents that have (or include a document with) a
bibliography section will show the citations correctly in the output.

LaTeX cannot access the bibtex database defined in a sibling or in the
master if you compile a sub-document as standalone.

To overcome this restriction, I place a copy of the 'bibliography'
section into a branch in each sub-document and activate this branch in
the sub-documents but disable it in the master.

Günter