On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 01:23:50PM +0200, Manveru wrote:
> 2009/8/27 E. Kaplan <ehud.kap...@mssm.edu>:
> > Is there any way of getting Lyx 1.6.4 for Kubuntu 64 bits?  The version in
> > that is in the repositories is 1.6.2, I think.  Compiling from sources does
> > not appeal to me.
>
> There is a LyX project on lanuchpad.net which builds the code for
> Ubuntu - I think automatically, but some has to merge the code I
> suppose. There is a URL you can set to get LyX from there instead of
> official repo, but I had not train it yet. Someone from LyX developers
> would take that over to force new rebuild every time new version
> arrives.

An upload of 1.6.4 to Debian unstable will happen soon [1]. After this
package hits unstable you can somehow request a sync from Ubuntu.
But they won't sync everything in every situation and they don't backport
everything for every old release.
So all in all it's quite specific what hits Ubuntu when and where. :)

Sven

[1] Yes, switching the VCS in use sometimes is a bit more tricky then
it looks like at a firce glance.
--
If God passed a mic to me to speak
I'd say stay in bed, world