On Wednesday 02 September 2009, Christian Ridderström wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Sep 2009, Jeremy wrote:
> > Have you read the pdf documentation from the KOMA website? There is a
> > German and English version available: scrguide.pdf scrguien.pdf
> >
> > Some documentation is only available from the latest KOMA guide book
> > (available only in German)
>
> I'm reading a version of scrguien.pdf, but I still haven't figured out how
> to have multiple lines in my header and footer for instance. Any ideas?
>
> cheers
> /Christian

The German version scrguide.pdf is more up-to-date than the English
scrguien.pdf.

If you want to modify the default header & footer, look into the commands
\firsthead
\nexthead
\firstfoot
\nextfoot

For example, in the preamble of your lyx file
add some code defining a header:

% Define some komavars
\setkomavar{fromphone}{123-456-7890}
\setkomavar{fromfax}{123-456-0987}
\setkomavar{fromurl}{http://www.myhomepage.com}
\setkomavar{fromemail}...@myhomepage}

% Define PATH
%\def\MYPATH{/usr/share/mytemplates}

% Now define \myletterhead
\def\FHW{\useplength{firstheadwidth}}
\newcommand{\myletterhead}{
   \parbox[t]{\FHW}{
      \begin{tabular}[...@{}l}
         %\includegraphics[width=\FHW]{logo.jpg}
         %\includegraphics[width=\FHW]{\MYPATH/Logos/logo.pdf}
         This is the first line of header.
      \end{tabular}
      \hfill
      % This is the next line of header
      {\footnotesize
         \definecolor{headercolor}{cmyk}{0.32549, 0.11373, 0, 0.23529, 0.39216}
         \color{headercolor}
         {Office:~\usekomavar{fromphone}} \hfill
         {Fax:~\usekomavar{fromfax}}   \hfill
         {Web:~\usekomavar{fromurl}}   \hfill
         {Email:~\usekomavar{fromemail}}
      }
   }
}
\firsthead{\usebox{\myletterhead}} %construct new koma \firsthead

We could also use saved boxes instead:
\firsthead{\usebox{\letterhead}}

Then at top of your lyx document, you can insert some ERT code  to initialize
your sbox letterhead:

\newsavebox{\letterhead}
\sbox{\letterhead}{\myletterhead}