On Sat, 5 Sep 2009, m.kocin...@mini.pw.edu.pl wrote:

Can You, please, answer me on following questions?

Marek,

  I'll try; others may provide better answers.

1. Why in my text long spaces between words appear, it seems especially
after using zoom? In Yap they are yet ok. on the other hand...

  This is a display issue. LyX automatically removes more than a single
space anywhere in the text (it assumes the space separates words). If you
see uneven spaces it may be the display font you use.

  I've noticed that some fonts (e.g., Palatino) print very well but do not
display well on my systems. Therefore, I use a display font that is more
readable even though it is different from the typeface used in producing
.dvi/.ps/.pdf output.

  I've no idea what Yap is other than the sound of a small dog.

2. Since I have high myopia it would be useful me to have really large
buttons (as in Excel for example...). I am afraid it is not possible. Am I
right?

  This, too, is a display issue. You can run qtconfig and set the display
options for all your Qt-using applications.

And yet anothe question: is there LyX on CDLive versions of Linux?

  Don't know. Probably not because it's not part of TeX or LaTeX.

Rich