Ok, if it's good for you. Me? I just open the PDFs, read them and, at
most, I print them. No more than that. That's why I use SumatraPDF,
which, BTW, allows me to update PDFs from Lyx. Last time I check
Acrobat didn't allow you to do it, but it's really some time since I
stopped using it.

So, at least for me, it has been a solution.

Best regards.
Julio Rojas
jcredbe...@gmail.com