On Tue, 8 Sep 2009, Uwe Stöhr wrote:

Sharma, Vivek schrieb:

 I am using lyx 1.6.4 with Miktex and adobe acrobat.
 When we View - > update -> dvi after the latex runs the dvi window goes to
 the page I was viewing last with the updated view, whereas with update
 pdflatex the updated file just opens at the first page of the pdf
 document.

I cannot reproduce this. What program is your default PDF viewer? (I mean is Acrobat opened when you double-click on a PDF in the file explorer?) If Acrobat is indeed the default viewer, how was LyX installed (what installer (alternative or the standard one), was logged in with admin priviledges when installing LyX)?

I forgot to say: I started Acrobat (or possibly reader, I can't say to be honest) from within LyX.

I don't know how it was installed either, it's a company laptop.

/Christian

regards Uwe

--
Christian Ridderström                           Mobile: +46-8 768 39 44