2009/9/11 Evan Mason <evanma...@gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> I am running lyx 1.6.4 with Mandriva 2008.  Over the last few days Lyx
> keeps
> freezing, and after a minute or two comes up with the message 'Lyx has
> caught an exception... Exception: std::bad_alloc'.  It seems to happen just
> with one particular document I am working on, but I am not totally sure.
>
> I'd be grateful for any help with a solution to this.
>
> Many thanks, Evan

You are running out of memory for the application. Is it possible that your
Mandriva has any default limits set for the applications? If you are not
sure, post us the result of the ulimit command executed on console. (Guys,
correct me if I am wrong with ulimit command).

--
Manveru
jabber: manv...@manveru.pl