Joe(theWordy)Philbrook wrote, On 12/23/-28158 02:59 PM:
Note: the quoted texts below are all liberally "snipped"... for full context see the thread...
<SNIP>
Personally I don't think that's ever going to happen any more than I
think anybody will ever offer a list server with a smart digest option
that includes some kind of "header like" tag in each individual message
of the digest that can be used by a digest only subscriber to request a
personal resend of just those individual messages they wanted to reply
to. Which would provide a way for digest users to avoid messing with the
threaded message reply path.

Like I said, it ain't gonna happen...
                But wouldn't it be nice if I was wrong?

<SNIP>
At least on this bit I think there is a way to get the _effect_ you want,
differently.

This happens to be a reply to the lyx-users digest...
the lyx-users digest is sent as a mime digest and with Thunderbird the user can simply double click on the message of interest (each message is listed as a mime attachment in the digest) which opens the message as a pretty much normal message and then hit reply. For some reason I had to take an extra Re: off the subject line, and I felt that SNIPing the message was reasonable, but this was the extent of the editing I HAD to do.

for most mailman lists you can either select mime digests from the HTML interface or send `set digest mime` (with an authenticate line) to the list-request address
see section 8 of
http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/Mailman+2.1+Members+Manual
for some more details.

Using this knowledge in another email client is an exorcise left to the reader and other list members. :)

Lyx on Linux, with out header munging. :0
Boy we have stepped off topic. :)
--
Todd Denniston