From: Helge Hafting <helge.haft...@hist.no>
Subject: Re: How many are left handed
To: "Andrew Sullivan" <a...@shinkuro.com>
Cc: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 10:20 PM

Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> You can see from the subject that there is an air of irrelevance about
> this.
>
> But it seems to me that knowing how many are left handed would,
> naturally, lead to enhancements targetted at the left-hand community.
>
> I answer that the customizability and portability of the LyX code base
> is sufficient that a typing-able user on any modern desktop-target
> platform is in a position to use LyX, and figuring out even rough
> numbers for distribution on supported platforms is a distraction to
> the LyX community.  This is true even if the user is left handed, or
> non-Linux using, or whatever.

Is there anything in LyX a left-handed person might want different?
I think most of the support goes in the OS: left handed mouse,
and anything you might want change about the keyboard.

And you can already put the toolbars wherever you like them, but I am not sure
that actually matters.

Helge Hafting