James C. Sutherland <james.sutherl...@...> writes:

> On Sep 16, 2009, at 3:18 AM, Josh Whitney wrote:
>
> > I'm currently working on an early 2008 Macbook with 4 gb of RAM.  I
> > am running OS X 10.6.0 and Lyx 1.6.4.1.  I've been writing some very
> > long documents in Lyx and once they are more than a few pages long
> > typing becomes excruciatingly slow.  That is, I type and the
> > characters appearing on the screen lag the keystrokes by several
> > seconds.  I was also having the same issue both with earlier
> > versions of Lyx and with OS X 10.5.*, though it seemed a bit more
> > mild with Leopard.
> >
> > I do not have the view source window open.  I started typing the
> > document with  instant preview off for math but after reading some
> > of the questions on the mailing list I've turned instant preview
> > on.  The typing remains very slow and also the preview for math
> > doesn't seem to want to work (i.e., all math remains text instead of
> > previewed as typeset).
> >
> > I've read through the mailing list to see if I could find a solution
> > to this problem but nothing seemed to work.  Any help would be
> > greatly appreciated.
> >
> FWIW, I am running LyX 1.6.4.1 on 10.6 and haven't seen any of these
> problems (only the pseudo-crash that has been mentioned previously).
> So this is likely not a universal problem, but perhaps a problem
> related to your system in particular?

James,
Thanks for the quick reply.  I suspect you are correct that this is an issue
with my system only since, as far as I can see, nobody else has mentioned it
with 1.6.*.  I suppose I was just wondering if there was any suggestions on how
to fix it.  I tried deleting Lyx and reinstalling, but that didn't seem to help.
 Is it possible that I'm not completely getting rid of Lyx and that this is why
the problem remains?

Thanks,
Josh