James C. Sutherland schreef:

On Sep 16, 2009, at 2:25 AM, Dave Garbutt wrote:

HI,

I have an annoying & frustrating problem-

On the Mac OS - X version I was looking for a shortcut and typed crtl+-
several times (don't ask me why, I was in lemming like panic at the time)

this shortcut I cannot find in the Lyx doc or the OS X doc at
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1343

The effect is to shrink the text size in the document view (but not in
typeset output)
ctrl++ does not reverse it. Every document I open in Lyx is now unreadable..

I haven't stumbled on that, but if you hold down the command key and use the mouse scroll wheel you can change the font size. That may help you get it back to norma.
- zoom-in/zoom-out should have been bound to M-+, M-=, and M--.
- restart LyX and the old value for zoom will be restored
- type in the command buffer "buffer-zoom-in"
- or use the scrollwheel with the command key (ctrl).

Vincent