On 09/18/2009 09:34 PM, jbutzu wrote:
Hello.  Recently I have downloaded LyX and read the tutorial, etc.  I would
like to see my footnotes for each section renumbered starting with 1.  I am
using the unordered section* selection from the paragraph environment
followed by a verse and then a new section.  I tried inserting the code
"\...@addtoreset{footnote}{section}" in the document preamble and still
nothing.  I even tried rewriting the preamble as
"\...@addtoreset{footnote}{section*}" with an * over the section to try getting
it to work.  Still nothing.  Do i need to download something else or am I
just missing a crucial element in using LyX?  I have the document class set
to "book".  Thank you in advance.

Hmm. Never noticed this, but it does seem that \...@addtoreset doesn't work with starred environments. Try this:

\let\oldsec=\section

\def\section{\setcounter{footnote}{0}\oldsec}

That will do all sections and starred sections.

Richard