BuZZ-dEE writes:

> Hello, I want to install lyx-1.6.4.1 from source but i get an error
> during make. configure before was successfull. i want to install lyx in
> a non-standard directory. further i have the newest qt version installed
> from source in a non-standard directory.
>
> what can i do now?
[...]
> checking for QT4_CORE... yes
> checking for QT4_FRONTEND... yes
> checking for moc-qt4... /usr/bin/moc-qt4
> checking for uic-qt4... /usr/bin/uic-qt4
> checking for rcc-qt4... no
> checking for rcc... /home/schlatow/Programme/bin/rcc

The configure script is using the system moc and uic. This is because
moc-qt4 and uic-qt4 are tried first and I bet they are the Qt 4.2 versions.
In the /home/schlatow/Programme/bin directory you should have moc and uic,
so try renaming them as moc-qt4 and uic-qt4 and reconfigure. If that does
not help, try using --with-qt4-dir=/home/schlatow/Programme with the
configure command. If it still fails, rename /usr/bin/moc-qt4 and
/usr/bin/uic-qt4 as /usr/bin/moc-qt4.old and /usr/bin/uic-qt4.old,
for example. Now it should definitely work.

--
Enrico