On Monday 28 September 2009 05:59:54 pm Kenward Vaughan wrote:
> I still am led to believe that something in LyX's script must have
> options in it which cause the failure to create this.

Kenward,

Have you tried the sample file?  It is
/usr/share/lyx/examples/powerdot-example.lyx
on the system I'm using this evening.  It works perfectly out of the box.

This is LyX 1.6.2 running on Kubuntu 9.04, and powerdot is provided by
texlive-latex-recommended 2007.dfsg.1-5 in the main ubuntu repository. Debian
is known for being rather slow in adopting releases, and while I have not used
it myself, I have run into problems with LaTeX versions not working with
Powerdot in other distributions.

Les
--
L. R. Denham