On 10/01/2009 04:42 AM, Hellmut Weber wrote:
Hi Richard,
thanks for your quick response.

>>tools >Preferences >look & feel >User interface >session
>Restore window layouts and geometries

Can I do something else?

Try deleting the sessions file from ~/.lyx. That may be the issue. You
The session file was quite big, but deleting it, unfortunately, did not help.

could have a permissions problem somewhere, too, that are preventing LyX from writing a sensible sessions file.
I chowned the whole of .lyx already, because I had this idea too, sorry Id didn't mention it.
Any other file which could have a permission problem?
(I'm using gentoo linux and do, sometimes, use root privileges ;-)

If the window size isn't being controlled by LyX, then I'd think it had to be controlled by your wm. So I'd look there.

Richard