Hello all,
I've been working with LyX and MikTeX for a few years, and Hebrew worked
without problem with Culmus.
However, after upgrading to MikTeX 2.8, Hebrew support failed. When
compiling a LyX document with Hebrew characters, I get:

Font LHE/cmr/m/n/10=jerus10 at 10.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not
found
\begin{document}

 I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,

so I will ignore the font specification.

[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]

You might try inserting a different font spec;

e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

I tried copying the files manually to the MikTeX folder and running
'initexmf -u' and 'initexmf --mkmaps', but now I get this message:

Font HE8/cmr/m/n/10=david at 10.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not
found

I also tried uninstalling LyX & MikTeX entirely and re-installing them
again, and then followed exactly the instructions here:

http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/Hebrew

But this did not work either. Perhaps the Culmus fonts no longer work with
the new version of MikTeX (2.8)?
I would appreciate help with getting Hebrew support to work again. I think
perhaps downgrading to MikTeX 2.7 will solve the problem, but I assume only
a few changes are required for Culmus to work with 2.8.

Thanks in advance,
Barak