On 10/23/2009 02:42 PM, Pol wrote:
rgheck wrote:

On 10/23/2009 01:12 PM, Pol wrote:
It should just work: Just open the file in LyX. If that doesn't work,
then the lyx2lyx conversion script is failing. You can try to run it
from outside LyX, if you wish. You'll find it (on Linux) at
/usr/share/lyx/lyx2lyx/lyx2lyx. Run "lyx2lyx -h" for info.

I am using a home.compiled lyx version: /usr/local/share/lyx/lyx2lyx/lyx2lyx
doe not work. Maybe that is the reason why importing by lyx does not work
either.
Attached is the output from cli.

Looks like some kind of encoding problem. It's possible that more recent fixes to lyx2lyx will solve your problems, since encoding issues were front and center in the 1.5 development cycle. You can get the latest version from svn. You'll have to use the -t option to set the right export format.

Can I ask why you are still using 1.4.5?
well, i am still  working on kubuntu/hardy with kde 3.5.10. I am waiting for
a 'heavy end-user' friendly kde4 release (hopefully 4.4) to switch. In the
meantime, i like 1.3.5, i am accustomed to it and the baghira desktop theme
is supported.

You don't need to switch to kde4 to run 1.6.x. You just need the Qt4 libraries. Aren't those available for hardy? They will happily co-exist with the Qt3 libraries that kde3 uses. If you're using alternate encodings, unicode, etc, it is well worth the upgrade. And there are a lot of new features, too.

rh