Hi there,

Just started dabbling with LaTex and Lyx. I understand how to format a
figure in LaTex, for example, to have my diagram the same width as the
column of text, I type something like:

\includegraphics[width=\columnwidth]{figure.jpg}

or to get it x% of the column width

\includegraphics[width=x\columnwidth]{figure.jpg}

But how do I do this in Lyx?

Also, I'd like to know how to get, for example, two separate figures side by
side, each 50% (or less) the width of the column of text. Would it be
possible for Lyx to label them Figure 1(a) and (b) automagically?

I tried searching for an answer, but didn't find anything I could
understand. I hope you can help!

Thanks in advance!