Am 29.10.2009, 17:31 Uhr, schrieb Uwe Stöhr:
The next version doesn't use this layout file version but this one:
http://www.lyx.org/trac/export/31790/lyx-devel/branches/BRANCH_1_6_X/lib/layouts/tufte-handout.layout

very fine!

Can you please test it out? (To get it work you need to have my tufte-book.layout file is the same folder as the tufte-handout.layout.)

Already done. Just to give you a first response:

Your new handout layout file works more or less with the original sample-handout.lyx (provided once with Jürgen's old tufte-handout.layout on http://wiki.lyx.org/Layouts/Tufte-handout).

More or less, because some formatations - as »newthought«, »ALL CAPS«, »FULL CAPITAL LETTERS, and »SmallCaps« {character style (Edit->TextStyle->SmallCaps)} are marked red and partly as "undefined" in the LyX window already and appeare in normal character stile in the produced pdf.

But:
With my self-produced LyX-files on basis of the old tufte-handout.cls and -.layout your new .layout unfortunately does not work yet, but I have to test it further with faked ones, because in the real ones I have some additions in the preamble (and special formatations within the documents) which might be excluded already in the new tufte-handout.cls (and -common.sty) and not because of your new .layout file.

The problem is, that I have to exchange everytime the files in LyX1.6/layouts and ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/tufte-latex/ to test it, continuing with my work on my existing LyX files on basis of the old handout cls and layout. But I will try out more.

Goutgaun!
joachim
--
MacTeXLive 2008 - TeXShop 2.18-svn - LyX 1.6.4.1
MacBook Pro OSX 10.4.11 Tiger (intel)