ask2 schrieb:

I try out LYX maybe once a year. What I am looking for when I try it is if
the pdf files I can get is of high quality. Unfortunately that never is the
case.

See http://wiki.lyx.org/FAQ/PDF#toc5

Main purpose is to read on the computer so both images and text should be
suitable for that.
I gues it means that I need ttf or otf fonts in the pdf?

Yes, you need vector fonts. The above link describes how to do that.

Btw. the LyX documentation files (except of the Intro manual) you find in the Help menu also use vector fonts, when they look OK for you, your documents will look OK too.

I think I asked this 5-6 years ago but it seems nothing has changed :(

Soooo back to Microsoft Word again :(

Wow, you're giving up before you've got a reply to you email.

regards Uwe