Dear Jess,

jezZiFeR wrote:
> thank you. As you said, it´s got to work under normal circumstances I
> tried out some things, and I recognized, that my two URL-entries are
> saved as "webpage" in BibDesk. When I have changed that to "url"
> things are changing:
> - It still does not display the "lastchecked"-date, how could I change
> that?

biblatex has no field 'lastchecked', but 'urldate' which is "referring
to the retrieval date of the address specified in the url field", as the
biblatex documentation states.

> - it now displays the date entered in "urlfield", but I would like to
> have not just numbers "besucht am 15.01.2005", but with the month
> written out, if that is possible ("besucht am 15. Januar 2005").

Option 'date=long'.

> In my case this would not be correct anyway, as I entered the original date
> here. Is this the field where to enter the date, when I visited the
> url first?

Who cares when you visited the URL first? The date you specify with an
URL is used to show when the information you took from this website was
online. It is normally stated because the website could have changed
afterwards.

Regards,
Dominik.-