Thank you Uwe,

I have found that some of the IEEE formatting is similar to what I need for ISO
690 that the Audio Engineering Society uses.

What I also found was to use

        @INPROCEEDINGS

instead of

        @PROCEEDINGS

for the exported BibTeX entries from Bookends, as this somehow passed along
more fields to the bibliography entries.

Many thanks again,

Daisuke