I am writing a document about a programming environment that uses multiple
character styles.
0. Plain roman is used for ordinary index entries
1. Italicized roman characters are used for names of mathematical variables
and parameters
2. Typewriter is used for source code keywords
3. Sans serif is used for names of GUI tools in the programming
environment's "rad toolkit"

Usage throughout the body of the document is consistent. However, at present
only plain roman appears in the index generated by LyX. How can I ensure
that the index preserves these character formats?