I have a document (my CV, actually) where I want to use full bibliographic
references in the text, but I do not want any reference section at the end of
the document. I used to solve this problem with a strategy similar to what is
recommended for biblatex. Namely:

1. Insert bibliography "the Lyx way" (Insert>List/Toc>BibTeX bibliography) at
the end of the document

2. Put the inserted bibliography in a Lyx note.

These two steps give access to the reference from within the LyX document

3. Add the ERT commands \bibliographystyle{style} \nobibliography{absolute
/path/to/file.bib}

The final step takes care of omitting the reference section at the end of the
formatted document.

I have been using this method for years without any problems. Yet today, when
I tried to update and print my Cv, I found out that LyX cannot find the
references when producing the (pdf)Latex file and puts the infamous question
marks in their place in the final pdf file. Yet, if I export to Latex and
compile manually everything works as expected.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? The Latex log tells me nothing
useful---the usual list of "Latex Warning: Citation XXX is undefined on line
YYY"

Cheers,

Stefano

Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy          Ph:  (979) 862-2211
Texas A&M University              Fax: (979) 845-0458
305B Bolton Hall                  fran...@philosophy.tamu.edu
College Station, TX 77843-4237