On 11/27/2009 04:56 PM, Scott Heirshberg wrote:
I am having problems installing all the functions for Lyx.

This looks like a Mac install, yes?

I keep getting the message "Cannot run texthash command to update TeX
installation. Please run manually".

Have you installed LaTeX? I believe that on Mac this is separate from installing LyX and should be done first.

Here is a detailed message it is giving me

1. Removing obsolete files ....
... Done removing obsolete files.

2. Testing to see if old LyX user's folder should be moved to new location
... Done moving LyX user's directory to new location.

3. (No preferences file found at ~/Library/'Application Support'/LyX-1.6/.)

4. Installing default LyX templates ....
... Done installing default LyX templates.

5. Installing LyX's special LaTeX files ....
• Found TeX installation at .
• Local TeX directory set to ~/Library/texmf.
• Installed LyX's additional LaTeX .cls and .sty files.

*** ERROR: Cannot run texhash command. Please run manually.

... Done.

Also it does not seem to have a built in print function, so I was wondering
how I could make it print.

My usual way is to View>DVI, or export to PDF, or whatever, and then print that. It is possible to print from within LyX, but you probably want to check the exported file anyway...and all LyX does is export to DVI and then print that.

rh