thank you, finally I managed.
somehow i managed to completely get my installation stuck, so I reinstalled
(with the alternative installer), updated, configured, went to mikeTek
package manager and installed specifically the convington, I just played
around -
most of the documentation concerns Lyx, I didn't understand exactly how to
add packages and why wouldn't they be added and installed on demand,
yes, you're right, it's a GUI for latex. but I don't think I found in the
wiki explicit instructions how to add to mikeTek or install, you know?.. but
maybe i wasn't looking hard enough.

thank you for your support!

--
Ces cloches parlaient d’heureuses années,
et, dans le grand bois,