Ken wrote:
Hi. I am following the instructions on
http://www.nongnu.org/elyxer/userguide.html#toc-Subsection-1.6

I have added the latest elyxer to the LyX-1.6.4/bin directory, and
reconfigured and restarted.

When I run "File > Export > HTML" I can see in the status bar that the
command
elyxer.py --directory ...
is being run.  However, notepad++ pops up with the contents of the elyxer.py
and LyX freezes until I close this window.  The lyx document is not
converted to html.

The problem you have is that your system action for python files is to open them in notepad++. I have the same, esp. since I do not have python installed on my machine.

What happens if you add python to the path (the system one, not the lyx one) ?

To go around this issue (which hopefully is fixed in 1.6.5 just released), I set my LyX->HTML converter command to:
python -tt $$s/scripts/elyxer.py --directory $$r $$i $$o

This way, the python included with LyX is used. The only drawback is that you have to manually copy elyxer.py into LyX script directory (the one in program files), not the user one.

This also implies removing some lines from the lyx python setup file, as it insists on redoing the wrong thing every time I reconfigure. But as you have python installed, you should not have to do all of this.

Best regards,

Olivier

I think that there is something incorrect in the "Tools > Preferences > File
Handling > Converters" line but I do not know what it is.
I have the following:
elyxer.py --directory $$r $$i $$o

Some notes about my system:
Windows XP SP3 (logged in as a limited user)
LyX 1.6.4
C:\Python25 installed but is not in my windows path
Instead, it is in the PATH prefix of LyX.

My guess is the latter has something to do with the problem but I do not
know the remedy.  Any suggestions on how to fix this command would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken