On 12/18/2009 06:19 PM, peter kint wrote:
Hi,

1. Trying to install circuitikz
http://home.dei.polimi.it/mredaelli/circuitikz/index.html
to make electrical circuits in Lyx.

I get the error message : ! LaTeX Error: File `circuitikz.sty' not found.

2.  Trying to compile the example

  begin{tikzpicture}[circuit ee IEC]
   \draw (0,1) to [resistor] (3.5,1);
   \draw[circuit symbol unit=14pt]
         (0,0) to [resistor] (3.5,0);
\end{tikzpicture}

I get the error message :
! Package pgfkeys Error: I do not know the key '/tikz/circuit ee IEC' and I am
and so on.

If I include various tikzlibraries in my preamble , Lyx doesn't find them

Can somebody help me to get one of these things working?

LyX *doesn't* search for these things: LaTeX does. So it appears LaTeX is not finding these files. What platform are you on, etc? Did you do what needs doing for installing the LaTeX package?

rh