On 12/26/2009 09:09 AM, bb wrote:
I compiled lyx about a dozen times in the last month and did not have any problem beside the usual missing packages. I run lyx on a 64 bit ubuntu 9.10, debian and others. I downloaded from the lyx homepage.

~/lyx-1.6.5$ ,/configure
---------------- The last essential lines:
checking whether it is safe to define __EXTENSIONS__... yes
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking what frontend should be used for the GUI... qt4
checking for a good enough C++ compiler... ./configure: line 5809: -c: command not found
gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory
./configure: line 5809: -c: command not found
./configure: line 5809: -c: command not found
./configure: line 5809: -c: command not found
./configure: line 5809: -c: command not found
./configure: line 5809: -c: command not found
configure: error: Unable to find a good enough C++ compiler

Hard to know what's going on. Can you post the relevant parts of the configure script?

rh