Maybe Adobe performs some kind of OCR when you select a piece of text from a
PDF document and tries to copy what it can infer onto the clipboard. In that
case it might just not be as good with Greek as it is with English. When i
tried to select a line, the selection highlight background spilled over to
neighbouring lines so acrobat reader wasn't very good with identifying line
boundaries to start with. I am using Acrobat 9.0 on KUbuntu 8.04.

Have you tried googling for phrases like "acrobat copy
greek/international ..."

cheers!
Manoj