On 01/02/2010 05:40 PM, David Wang wrote:
Dear Lyxers,

It's my first time to use bibtex bibliography in lyx. Everything looks
perfectly nice except that parenthetical citations use square brackets
instead of round parentheses in the text. Namely, the pdf output renders
Jones et al. [2000], rather than Jones et al. (2000). I use natbib (Document
->  Settings ->  Bibliography ->  Natbib (Author-year), and the sytle is
plannat), and thought the default behaviour is round parenthetical citations
which are what I want. I then added \usepackage[round]{natbib} in the
preamble, but lyx isn't happy about that and complains an option clash.

Add "round" to the class options, under Document>Settings, rather than to the preamble. (LyX loads natbib for you, so you can't load it again.)

rh