Hi all,

  When I begin a numbered-formula or a displayed formula, whenever my equation
includes at least one operator, pressing Ctrl-Enter creates a new row with 3
columns. The operator splits the 'tokens' forming the equation into 3 columns
so that operators in various rows are neatly aligned vertically.

   How does one turn this behavior off? The above feature is useful only if
all equations in one array are 'balanced' with all LHS being roughly the same
size and I don't find this to be the common case for my work :-(

thanks,
Manoj