From: Robert_Schiemann <robert_schiem...@freenet.de>
To: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
Sent: Wed, January 13, 2010 11:07:05 AM
Subject: TikZ in LyX

Hello to all,

I am quite new to using LaTeX and even newer to using it with LyX. However,
I tried to use the
<http://www.texample.net/tikz/examples/free-body-diagrams/> TikZ package
from LyX.

I did it the following way:
1. download the package and extract the file content to Program
Files\MikTeX\
2. Insert one of the example codes (see link above) in TeXnic Center -
works.
3. Insert the same example code as a new TeX code block ('Insert TeX code')
into LyX. When Compiling, i get a few errors, mainly 'Can be used only in
preamble' and 'Environment tikzpicture undefined', and a few others.
4. I fixed these errors by deleting the \documentclass and \enddocument
commands. In addition, I inserted the \usepackage and the \usetikzlibrary
commands in the document settings (Document -> Settings -> Latex preamble).
Of course, i deleted these lines from the code.
5. I still get errors when compiling:
A few of them are like 'Missing } or \cr' inserted.
The others go like 'Package error: No shape named base is known'. Sometimes,
it says 'M' instead of 'shape'.

What can i do to solve these problems?

Thank you a lot in advance for your help!