Hi,

I have developed my own LaTeX class file, based on the article class.
It has been developed over some time, but is now working just how I
like. My documents start as follows

\documentclass[draft,approved]{danrep}
\title{This is a test report title that I will make quite long.}
\repnum{10-00}
\author{Philip Stubbs}
\date{2010-01-12}
\begin{document}
\section{Introduction}
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Suspendisse
justo nisi, sagittis pharetra sagittis id,

I now would like to go the next step, and leave vim and use LyX as my
editor. I started looking at the *.layout files to see what I need to
do. What I cant seem to work out is how to place the \title etc before
the \begin{document}

Any suggestions would be welcome. I don't really want to start
chopping about the class file at this stage.

--
Philip Stubbs