On 20.01.2010, at 11:25, Steve Sidney wrote:

Rob

Thanks. Although I haven't used the longtable package, I am aware of its exsistence.

My report is already some 30 odd pages and if I allow each table to take 2 pages it will make it even more bulky.

There seems to be two alternatives.
1) Carry on preparing the table by hand as I currently do and then importing it directly into Lyx.
2) Attempt to create the table in R.

Do you think it's worth the effort to do this in R.

Another quick shot idea: Use longtables in combination with multicol to let your table break over two columns on the same page.

Don't know if this exactly works, though.

Daniel