On 2010-01-24, KR Thorne wrote:

> I managed to get the Fourier-GUT package installed on my laptop, but
> now I have a netbook that I need to sync with the laptop files and
> *cannot* seem to find the info on how to install the Fourier-GUT in
> LyX.

You cannot install Fourier "in LyX". It's a LaTeX package that should
(preferabely) be installed via your Linux package manager.

Under Debian (and probabely also under Ubuntu), you would just install
the package "texlive-fonts-extra".

> Please note I am running Linux 8 Helena

I don't know about Helena, what kind of Linux distribution is this
(Fedora, RedHat, SuSE, Debian, Ubuntu, ...)?

Which LaTeX packages did you install?

> I tried doing what the readme said regarding using updmap, but keep
> getting an error that says "could not find fourier.map at all." The
> file IS there, because I hunted around in the Fourier-GUT folders and
> found it. But the install is not finding it.

This looks like a manual install. Some REAME files are not up-to date.
My receipe is

   1. copy to /usr/local/share/texmf/....
   2. `mktexlsr` or `texhash`
   3. create /etc/texmf/updmap.d/42*.conf with
        Map *.map Datei
      (see existing dvips/config/config.* or *.conf files)
   4. `update-updmap`
   5. `updmap-sys`

Günter