>>> Yes, dvi and pdf work fine for me. But I want OpenDocument because
>>> I'm sending the file to another person and want him to be able to
edit the file.

>> I k now, but don't send your answer SEVEN times ?!?
>>
>> Vincent
>

 > The 1st email you could have received came to you only,while I wanted
it come
> to the lists. Then, my answer came to two lists (developers and users)
three times
> because that server was slow to display them at the mailing lists'
archives - I thought
> it failed to receive them and made further attempts. I am sorry for
this. I'll try to wait
> longer before making conclusions.
>

> I am a LyX user and still would appreciate any help on my problem.

Please refrain from sending a request for help to both the devel as the
user-list. First, this is not a specific issue for developers, second
all developers will probably read both lists anyway and will receive
your mails twice.

If you really want help for your problem, please try to compose a proper
message. By describing what Splash.lyx is and mentioning that you first
run LyX, I got the impression that you really are a first time user who
didn't know how to get proper output out of LyX.

Concerning your problem: Did you try to run oolatex in the command
prompt ? I get the following error:

xtpipes
       Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: xtpipes

which is also reported here:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2905250&group_i
d=10783&atid=110783

but MikTeX denied the responsibility of the problem. So, if you have
MikTeX 2.8 you'll probably have the same problem. If this is not a
MikTeX problem, it is certainly not a LyX problem.

Maybe someone knows a work-around ?

Vincent