> Hi Andrey,
>
> The general answer for LaTeX is here:
>
> http://www.christopherculver.com/en/computing/latexocs.php
>
> and here: http://www.christopherculver.com/en/computing/latex.php
>
> I'll leave it to people who know how the encoding works in LyX, since
> that can be tricky.
>
> The other problem is that Unicode fonts do not automatically work in
> LyX--it can only render symbols it knows about. Whatever you discover,
> we should add some instructions on the LinguistLyX page
> (http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/LinguistLyX).
>
> Maria

Just an update, though not a very helpful one. When the encoding in LyX is set
Unicode utf8x, and printing to pdf is attempted, Lyx returns an error:

The control sequence at the end of the top line
of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have
misspelled it (e.g., `\hobx'), type `I' and the correct
spelling (e.g., `I\hbox'). Otherwise just continue,
and I'll forget about whatever was undefined.

So. it appears nobody has used LyX for the purpose of typesetting old Russian or
Church Slavonic texts. So unfortunate :-(

Andrey