mario schrieb:

My question is: I would like to include scans of covers and selected
pages within my bibtex entrie (and final output), how do I do?
Personally, I use the BibTeX entry type "misc" for such cases.

yes, but  then how do you get the scan image in the final .dvi (or .pdf)
output?

As I said, the Bibliography doesn't contain images.

But maybe I misunderstand you. Images should not be part of the bibliography list - I have never seen that in a published work.

I need for a report about the collection of books from a private
library.

When there are not too many entries (about 20-30) I would quickly create BibTeX entries for them before trying nasty TeX-tricks to get an image in the bibliography.
Sorry that I cannot help you further.

regards Uwe