On 03/05/2010 02:00 PM, Daniele_P wrote:
Dear LyX users,

I am writing a essay in LyX and have a problem with the document class
“Book” and the buitl-in option to create the TOC.

In particular, when I introduce the TOC LyX automatically adds the titles of
the chapters also at the top of each page (actually with an interval of 1
page, let's say the odd pages).

This would be actually nice if the whole title fit into the page.. Indeed,
the titles of some chapters are quite long and LyX keeps writing them in one
single, with the result that in the pdf format, only part of the title fits
into the page.

Do you have any clues about how to tell LyX not to report the title of the
paraghraph at the top of the pages along the document?

The page style can be changed under Document>Settings>Page Layout, but there is another option. Where you have begun a chapter, put the cursor at the beginning of the line. Then do Insert>Short Title. The short title is used for the page heading.

rh