On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 11:20 AM, stefano franchi
<fran...@philosophy.tamu.edu> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 10:07 AM, BH <bewih...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Stefano Franchi
>> <fran...@philosophy.tamu.edu> wrote:
>> > Suppose I have two complete TeX installation trees:
>> >
>> > 1. /usr/share/texlive/*
>> >
>> > 2. /usr/local/texlive/2009/*
>> >

>> > Is there any way to tell Lyx to switch from (1) to (2) (and back)?
>> > Reading the
>> > manuals proved unhelpful. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong places?
>>
>> Preferences > Paths > PATH prefix?
>>

> I checked that, but there is no "Tex path" or "Latex Path"

But the order you put paths there determines the order LyX will check
for executables like latex, so I think changing the PATH prefix will
do what you want. (I haven't tested it, though.)

>> (On Mac the TeX Distribution preference pane that comes with TeXLive
>> can switch it system wide.)
>>

> I am on Linux/Ubuntu.  Are you referring to a TeXLive preference that can be
> set (and is presumably platform-neutral)?

No -- as far as I know, this is Mac only. (There may be equivalent
functionality for Linux or Windows, but I just don't know what it is.)

BH