Anthony Campbell wrote:
On 12 Mar 2010, Paul A. Rubin wrote:
Anthony Campbell wrote:
I've been using Prosper for a long time to make slides but am
experimenting with Lyx for the purpose. I've found beameruserguide1.pdf
which gives some advice but is there anything else I should look at?

In particular, I want to find how to change the theme. Should I place
this in the preamble or is there a better way?

I assume you want to use one of the supplied themes (as opposed to
rolling your own).  Just put \usetheme{Madrid} (or whatever theme
you want) in the preamble.

Thanks - yes, that's what I did. I just wondered if there was another
way.

Not that I know of. If you're going to do a lot of beamer presentations with the same theme, you might want to do one of the following: create a base document with the theme command in the preamble and save it as a template; or write a little module that loads the preamble commands. It's probably not worth the effort if it's just the theme, but you might have other tweaks (preamble commands, changes to the bases fonts, ...) that you want in the boilerplate. For instance, I usually include a preamble command to tell Acrobat Reader to close the table of contents (which otherwise is open by default IIRC) and open the document full screen.

/Paul