I thought I would ask a Komascript question, as there seems to be several
expert users on this forum.

I'd like to have captions in table and figures in a smaller font size *and*
with a correspondingly smaller leading space.
I know I can change the font size with

\addtokomafont{caption}{\smaller}

in the preamble, but this command does not touch the leading space. If, for
instance, the main document is 12pt one-half space, I end up with  ugly
looking and space-eating  widely spaced captions.

Does anyone know how to solve the problem? I could not find the answer in
the Koma-script manual.

Thanks,

S.

Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy           Ph:   (1) 979 862-2211
Texas A&M University                 Fax: (1) 979 845-0458
College Station, Texas, USA