Richard,
take a look at  the following excerpt (from the Komascript Manual, p. 114):

In KOMA-Script there are different ways to change the formatting of the
caption text. The definition of different font styles was already explained
above. This or the caption delimiter between the label and the label text
itself is specified in the macro \captionformat. In contrast to all other
\...format commands, in this case it does not contain the counter but
only the items which follow it. The original definition is:
\newcommand*{\captionformat}{:\ }
This too can be changed with \renewcommand.
Example: For some inexplicable reasons you want a dash with spaces
before and after instead of a colon followed by a space as label
delimiter. You define:
\renewcommand*{\captionformat}{~--~}
This definition should be put in the preamble of your document.

This seems to indicate
\renewcommand*{captionformat}{}

should do the trick (I haven't tested it though).

S.

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Richard Brown <rich...@guidedelearning.com
> wrote:

> I have I'm using Koma script book, and I need to adjust the captions  for
> my
> floats.
>
> I'd like to have them without the prefix 'Figu. 1:' etc, just my caption
> and
> no other text. So I put
>
>  \captionsetup[figure]{labelformat=empty}
>

> in the preamble, following advice found on this list. The Fig. 1
> disappeared
> fine- but not the colon! So I now have a very ugly and irrelevant : before
> my caption text. How can I eliminate this?
>

> TIA
>

> Richard

Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy           Ph:   (1) 979 862-2211
Texas A&M University                 Fax: (1) 979 845-0458
College Station, Texas, USA