On Monday 29 March 2010 11:34:49 rgheck wrote:
> So I couldn't get PyODConverter to work---I kept getting an error about
> not connecting to my running OpenOffice instance---but then I found
>  UnoConv: http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/unoconv/
> I can't get the LaTeX export option to work there, but one could use
> this to convert from DOC (or anything else OOo can import) to ODT and
> then use writer2latex to convert ODT to LaTeX.
>
> rh

Hi Richard,

In the conversion to OO, does unoconv preserve styles, or does it just convert
each application of each style to equivalent fingerpainting?

In the conversion from OO to LaTeX, have you found a way to have the
conversion preserve styles, or does it just convert each application of each
style to equivalent fingerpainting?

If a way is found to preserve style application all the way through the
conversion, that's a huge win, or as VP Biden would say, "a big bleepin deal!"

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package
http://www.recession-relief.US