On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com>wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Mar 2010, stefano franchi wrote:
>
>  I am formatting a manuscript to specs provided by the publisher. They want
>> me to provide a "true" camera-ready copy: sheets of papers, not pdf files.
>>

> Stefano,
>
>  That's quite interesting.
>
>  Springer-Verlag wanted both .pdf files and the raw TeX files. They produce
> output at 2400 dpi for their printing negatives. I suppose that printers
> newer than my HP LaserJet 5 can produce that resolution on paper but the
> best I can do is 600 dpi (which is more than adequate for everything else.)
>
> This is Rodopi. I really don't understand why they want the paper version,
except that it's going to save them a few bucks on the printing front. But
since they will have to actually photograph the pages instead of going
directly to negatives, I don't see the savings. But my understanding of
printing technology may not be current.

Cheers,

S.

> Rich

Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy           Ph:   (1) 979 862-2211
Texas A&M University                 Fax: (1) 979 845-0458
College Station, Texas, USA