On Wednesday 31 March 2010 14:40:41 Rudi Eycken wrote:
> Is it possible to install LyX on a Windows 7 PC. (I need to buy a new PC
> and I need to use LyX).
>
> Thanks in advance.
> With kind regards,

Rudi,

Just this morning I installed LyX 1.6.5 on a new Windows 7 (64-bit) system
using the LyXWinInstaller "complete" variant
(http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/LyXWinInstaller).

The installation appeared to run with no problems at all, and the installed
LyX seems to behave exactly the same as 1.6.5 running on my Linux system,
though I haven't had time to do much with it yet.  I did install Acrobat
Reader 9 first so it would be found by LyX, and it works as expected for View
PDF.

Les Denham