On 03/31/2010 04:18 PM, george legge wrote:
On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 1:19 AM, rgheck<rgh...@bobjweil.com>  wrote:

The first step towards debugging this is to see if dvips will run from
outside LyX. So (i) export your LyX file to LaTeX; (ii) run the following,
from within the directory where that file now is:
    latex newfile1.tex

    dvips -t a4 -o newfile1.ps newfile1.dvi
Do you get the same error?

Thank you for that quick response to my problem.
Yes, I started  a new file (newfile5) in LyX and followed your instructions.
I got essentially the same error, running outside LyX:

This is dvips(k) 5.98 Copyright 2009 Radical Eye Software (
www.radicaleye.com)
dvips: ! Couldn't find header file tex.pro.
Note that an absolute path or a relative path with .. are denied in -R2
mode.

What is the next step in debugging?

I don't know myself. Let me try to bring Uwe in here. He knows more about this kind of thing. Or JMarc?

rh