On 07 Apr 2010, Steve Litt wrote:

[snip]

> As I read that doc I begin to wonder whether pure LaTeX would be the
> preferred
> way to make a Beamer presentation. LyX is great for 50,000 word books, but
> I'm
> thinking the line oriented nature of LaTeX might better match the line
> oriented nature of a presentation, and I find it easier to understand in
> LaTeX.

I've used plain latex with Prosper to make my slides for the last 5
years or so. Recently I decided to have a go with Lyx Beamer and am
happy with the result. This is quite a large enterprise: 40 sequential
sets of slides, each with up to 20 slides. The main advantage is that it
is easy to modify a slide quickly and see what the result will look like
at once.

I used beameruserguide.pdf to learn how to do it and found it pretty
helpful. There are specific pointers to Lyx in it. The main difficulties
I found were working out how to use the columns environment and putting
things into blocks without invoking a title (solved this by starting
with Ctrl-Space).

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - a...@acampbell.org.uk